https://wildernessbees.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/cropped-favicon-300x300.png 0 0 owa https://wildernessbees.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/cropped-favicon-300x300.png owa2017-12-17 11:42:122017-12-17 13:14:02Ordering / Cancellation Policy
Ordering / Cancellation Policy
Change in ordering policy …
Because we have always enjoyed a good-faith relationship with our customers, we regret the need now to require a down payment from our customers to safeguard the welfare of our business.
Historically beekeepers have always understood that ordering queens is a contract between two parties.
But in recent years, we have seen a rise in last-minute cancellations and non-acceptance of delivery from customers who have placed orders with us months in advance.
Last minute cancellations result in damaging stress delays for our queens as we must reshuffle our waiting list and can also cost us NEW business from customers who choose to seek queens elsewhere when they believe our wait times are too long for them.
Discussions with other producers reveal that because of this trend, most will no longer accept unsecured orders.
We ask our customers to seriously consider all the factors involved in preordering queens before placing an order with us:
- Assess your anticipated operating schedule: Our queens will rarely be available before the 1st of July due to our unstable northwest weather constraints.
- If you plan to re-queen your spring packages, you should assume that you have varroa mite infestation and allow approximately 1 month prior to re-queening to treat for mites. Even the best of queens requires a healthy hive to support her for the 6 weeks she will need to entirely convert your existing genetics to her offspring.
- Your queens will be shipped to you when available based on the date of your initial request, or time frame agreed upon (weather permitting).
- You will be notified by phone and/or email of our intent to ship 5-7 days in advance of shipping.
- Notify us immediately if unable to accept your order when notified of our intent to ship… You will then have the choice of dropping to the bottom of our waiting list, or forfeiture of your pre-payment.
Having said this, we are not unreasonable, understanding that unforeseen things can happen to any of us, and are willing to discuss options on a case by case basis.